Discover the advantages of Smart Secondaries™
NanoTag developed a unique set of high-affinity single-domain antibodies recognizing conventional immunoglobulins with exquisite species and isotype specificity. These tools are available directly coupled to fluorophores, biomolecules, and enzymes. Our Smart Secondaries™ can therefore fully replace conventional secondary reagents in most applications. In comparison to conventional secondary reagents, our Smart Secondary™ nanobodies feature significant advantages:
- Small probes for enhanced staining speed and improved tissue penetration and higher resolution.
- Monoclonal tools: Clearly defined species specificity – once and forever!
- Isotype specificity for independent detection of mouse IgG1 and IgG2a/b isotypes.
- FluoTags® featuring a defined number of fluorophores at known positions
- Recombinant production for reliable quality, scalability and reproducibility without using animals
- Monovalent binding mode – Pre-incubation without clustering primary antibodies possible!
- Extraordinarily strong binding allows one-step multi-color stainings & imaging even with primary antibodies from identical species and isotype (Multiplexing)
- Equipped with NanoTag’s propriety FX technology for improved post-fixation and enhanced performance in demanding application (e.g., expansion microscopy, DNA-PAINT, dSTORM, etc).
Our Smart Secondary™ sdAb generally recognizes the Fc domain on the respective primary antibody (the only exception being the FluoTag®-X2 anti-Mouse Kappa light chain). Due to the inherent symmetry of the target antibody, two secondary nanobodies will be able to bind each primary antibody. Our secondary FluoTag®-X2 reagents will therefore target 4 fluorophores to each primary antibody.
Our anti-Rabbit IgG tools are also available as FluoTag®-X4. This reagent is a blend of two sdAbs independently binding the same target molecule. As each target site is present twice and each sdAb carries two fluorophores, this reagent can target up to eight fluorophores to each primary antibody – ideal for bright images!